Additional individual grant for participants with fewer opportunities who have a physical, mental or other disability
Lithuanian research and study institutions (hereinafter referred to as RSI) have the opportunity to apply for an additional grant for students, graduates, lecturers and staff participating in projects of the Erasmus+ mobility programme (hereinafter referred to as the Programme) for teaching and learning objectives. An additional grant is awarded to programme participants with a physical, mental or other disability based on the real costs. According to the Programme Guide, a person with fewer opportunities is also defined as a Programme Participant who, due to his or her physical, mental or other disability (disability, chronic illness, etc.) is unable to participate in a mobility project without an additional grant.
RSIs are invited to apply for an additional grant, which may be awarded to:
- Lithuanian RSI participants who are selected to participate in Erasmus+ Key Action 1 mobility in EU Member States, third countries associated to the Programme and third countries not associated to the Programme, i.e.:
- students going on part-time study and / or traineeship to a host foreign institution;
- graduates going on to graduate traineeships;
- lecturers and staff going on teaching and study visits to foreign host institutions.
- Representatives of foreign countries who participate Erasmus+ Key Action 1 mobility in Lithuanian higher education institutions, i.e.:
- representatives from higher education institutions, companies or organisations (without ECHE) located in the EU Member States, third countries associated to the Programme coming to teach in Lithuanian higher education institutions;
- students from higher education institutions located in third countries not associated to the Programme coming to part-time study and / or traineeship;
- lecturers and staff from higher education institutions, companies or organisations (without ECHE) located in third countries not associated to the Programme coming to teach in Lithuanian higher education institutions.
Submission of an additional grant application
RSI submits applications for additional grant to the Education Exchanges Support Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the Foundation) no later than 1 month before the participant’s study, traineeship, teaching or study visit by email HEKA1papildomadotacija@smpf.lt.
The application must be endorsed with a qualified electronic signature from an RSI legal representative.
Applications for additional grant are evaluated by the Foundation’s staff. By the order of the Director, the Commission for Registration and Approval of Applications shall submit proposals to the Director of the Foundation regarding the financing of applications. Draft supplementary grants shall be approved by order of the Director of the Foundation.
Application form for an additional grant is provided at the bottom of the page.
Award of an additional grant:
- additional costs for facilities and / or services, depending on the nature of the illness and / or disability. The need for these costs must be substantiated by medical records, i.e. the need for the facilities and / or services for which the additional grant is requested must be confirmed by an extract from the medical records issued by a doctor. The application must indicate the prices of the facilities and / or services in the country of the mobility.
- Subsistence and travel expenses of the person accompanying the Programme Participant, if justified.
- Preparatory visit costs. The costs can be allocated to: the subsistence and / or travel expenses of the participant, the subsistence and / or travel expenses of the person accompanying the participant, etc., if justified.
- 2021 and 2022 Programme calls costs related to the organisation of mobility activities for RSI students and staff with physical, mental or other disabilities. A fixed rate of EUR 100.00 is awarded to RSI for organising the mobility of the beneficiary. In the mobility projects of the 2020 programme, a fixed rate of EUR 100.00 is not awarded to RSI for the organisation of the activities of a participant with fewer opportunities.
It should be noted that:
- the additional grant is not allocated to the expenses incurred by a person with fewer opportunities on a daily basis in Lithuania, unless those expenses significantly increase due to the difference in prices abroad;
- the additional grant is not allocated to cover all additional costs related to mobility activities abroad. An additional grant can only be awarded for expenses related to the person’s illness and / or disability.
Reporting for the additional grant awarded
The participant in the Programme mobility project shall report to RSI. In accordance with RSI’s internal procedures, the participant in a mobility project visit shall submit to RSI copies of documents substantiating the costs (e.g. copies of invoices, rental agreements, payment orders, etc.).
If you have any questions, please contact the project coordinators of the Foundation’s Higher Education Programmes Unit:
Valda Liudavičienė tel. +370 685 74 067, email: firstname.lastname@example.org